Sunday, August 07, 2005

The New Ride


There is just something about my dad.

When he gets excited about something, he gets this "ooooohhhh" face going, and as hard as I've tried, the camera lens can't capture it and do it justice.

Though he and I are similar in so many ways, one thing we differ in is the amount of time it takes to make a decision when we're shopping. For Papa, furniture for his house is a six month process, requiring twelve trips to Seldens to sit on things, compare swatches, and visualize what it would look like in every room - from the front hall to the Shrine to Mike. For me, I find it on the web, and it's on my doorstep in two days.

When he found his Sequoia, after months of looking, we drove to Oregon to pick it up, sight unseen - a first for him. It's still unbelievably difficult to borrow his car, and since Andy likes it, I think it's a keeper.

So is he.

No comments: