Tuesday, August 01, 2006

one year


today marks the completion of the 365 day project...

it seems like yesterday that i started through my eyes.

the past 365 days have been such a growing experience for me...
  • picked up two fabulous lenses
  • and a new digital rebel
  • and photoshop cs2
  • and a business license for photography
  • and with all of those, snapped over 14,000 photos
what i've learned is this...

i believe people don't realize how beautiful they really are
i believe you should shoot until you find the shot you love
i believe everyone should have at least one really really fabulous photo of themselves that they love

i love self-portraits
i love capturing action in the moment. mid frame. it makes me happy.
i love finding the moment when people forget the camera is on them, and they can just be

i am finding confidence in my snappy skills
i am almost ready to launch my new website
i am addicted to photography

and to celebrate the first year of my 365-day project, you will find the only self-portrait on this entire blog.

and it captures something you will rarely find in a photo of me...

i am not wearing any lipgloss.
i never go anywhere without my lipgloss.
so this is as bare as it gets for me. :)

taken july 2006
in vickie's leather chair
ellensburg, wa

No comments: