Friday, August 26, 2005

There's no place like home


The comforts of home.

This isn't my home, in fact it is Pam's cabin in Harpers Ferry...but it's home nonetheless. There is a joy coming home, be it to Harpers Ferry...Tacoma...Gig Harbor...America (as all the World Youth Day peeps are learning...)

Two weeks ago, I committed to not making any commitments this fall. (Hey wait, isn't that a commitment?) It's not as easy as it sounds. Trust me.

For someone who gets exponentially more done the busier I am, it's essentially a change in my way of thinking and living. But so far, it's been incredible. I've never really "put myself first"...but my goal for the fall quarter is to focus on my own life...physically, emotionally, spiritually. The last ten days have been amazing...peaceful, calming, and ironically, I'm learning how to accomplish lots of projects in the absence of impending deadlines.

It's been about re-teaching myself how to do things. It's about spending time with the people I love, realizing how much they mean to me, and just enjoying being.

Keep me in your prayers. I'll keep you posted on the results. :)


Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter,
and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss

No comments: